Welcome to the paediatric respiratory service at RMCH. We see
children with a range of complex respiratory problems for the local
area and throughout the North West and beyond. We treat children
for a full range of respiratory conditions and hold a number of
sub-specialised clinics within tertiary respiratory
We have 5 respiratory paediatricians and have a
multidisciplinary approach to the management of our children with
help from specialist nursing, physiotherapist, dieticians,
physiologists, and psychologists.
- We are the regional cystic fibrosis centre and the largest
paediatric cystic fibrosis centre in the UK.
- Regional TB service
- Regional long term ventilation centre
- Regional centre for assessment of sleep disordered
- Support for complex upper and lower airway problems in
partnership with ENT
- Support for the quaternary metabolic service at RMCH
- Access to highly specialised lung function
- Flexible bronchoscopy
- Transition services for Cystic Fibrosis and Long term
- General respiratory clinics
- Cystic fibrosis
- Severe / Difficult to control asthma
- Long term ventilation (+transition LTV clinics) + sleep
- Primary ciliary dyskinesia (PCD)
- Joint clinics with neuromuscular consultants
The Royal Manchester Children's Hospital provide one of the
North West Regional Centres for Cystic Fibrosis. In addition we
have shared care links with District General Hospitals in Greater
Manchester, Lancashire & South Cumbria. Care, advice and
support is offered to children, adolescents and families from
diagnosis through to the time of transfer to adult services at 18
years of age.
Visit the CF webpages
Dr Fran Child
Dr Omendra Narayan
Dr Clare Murray
Dr Anirban Maitra
Dr Stuart Wilkinson
New patients are accepted by referral only. A number of existing
complex respiratory patients have open access to the Accident &
Emergency Department via the specialist nurse. Open access is
agreed by the lead respiratory consultant.
Royal Manchester Children's Hospital
Dr Wilkinson, Dr Child and Dr Murray's secretary: 0161 701
Dr Maitra's secretary: 0161 701 5093
Multi-disciplinary team support
Available on request:
Click here for directions to the Hospital
- Asthma resource pack.
- Asthma staying well.
- Asthma discharge plan.
- Home oxygen information pack for clinicians and parents.