Children's Epilepsy Service
The Children's Epilepsy Nursing Service is responsible for all
children with a diagnosis of epilepsy within Central, South and
North Manchester. The team consists of two Children's Epilepsy
Specialist Nurses, who work closely with Consultant Paediatricians,
Community Paediatricians and Paediatric Neurologists across
- The child / young person must have a diagnosis of epilepsy from
their Paediatric Consultant or Paediatric Neurologist.
- The child, young person and family require additional
information/advice and/or support.
- There are concerns regarding concordance with medication,
seizure management, education.
- The child/young person aged 0-19 year olds must be in full time
education and under the care of a Consultant Paediatrician or
- Young person aged 16-19 year olds with additional complex
health care needs
- The parent/legal guardian must be aware of the referral and
give their consent
- The Child, young person must have a confirmed diagnosis of
- Must fully complete a referral form and confirm that consent
has been obtained.
- Referrals from Consultant Paediatrician or Consultant
Neurologist must indicate that consent has been obtained.
- Self referrals: the nurse is happy to discuss any issues
relating to your child's epilepsy. This can be via telephone,
home visit or clinic appointment. We can help determine what
support can be offered or direct to the appropriate service.
North, Central and South Manchester (Community based)
The service operates Monday to Friday 7.30am - 5.30pm
Children's Epilepsy Nursing Team, Charlestown Health Centre,
Charlestown Road, Blackley. Manchester. M9 7ED
Tel: 0161 741 2032
Carolyn Taylor email@example.com
Zoe Pearce firstname.lastname@example.org
The team are currently working on our Transition/Discharge
pathway to ensure the young people feel empowered to manage their
own condition (optimising health and improving concordance to their
Awards / Recognitions:
Carolyn Taylor was nominated for the 6th Anniversary
Awards Rising Star.
We have developed a Peer Review Proforma that the teams within
the CCNT have adopted.