Contraception & Sexual Health Service
The Palatine Contraception & Sexual Health Service (CASH)
provides high quality, open access, walk-in Contraception and
Sexual Health services to men and women of all ages across six
sites in Manchester.
The Palatine Contraception & Sexual Health Service (CASH) is
Consultant led and provides high quality, open access, walk-in
Contraception & Sexual Health services to men and women of all
ages across six sites in Manchester.
We also provide specialised services including: Services for
young people aged under 25 (FRESH), sexually transmitted infection
management, outreach (clinical and non-clinical) for vulnerable
groups, psychosexual counselling, and other reproductive health
clinics e.g. colposcopy and menopause.
The service also provides easily accessible clinical advice and
support to a range of professionals e.g. GPs, practice nurses,
pharmacists and other CASH services within Greater Manchester.
The CASH Service Headquarters at the Hathersage Centre
co-ordinates post graduate training for health professionals from
across the North West.
1. The Hathersage Centre, 280 Upper Brook Street, Manchester M13
2. Withington Community Hospital, Nell Lane, Withington, M20
3. Forum Health, Simonsway, Wythenshawe, M22 5RX
4. Cheetham Primary Care Centre, 244 Cheetham Hill Road, Manchester
5. Newton Heath Sure Start Centre,1 Great Newton Street, Off
Droylsden Road, Manchester M40 1GX
6. Harpurhey Health Centre, 1 Church Lane, Harpurhey, Manchester M9
Patient Advice Line open weekdays from 2.30 pm to 3.30 pm on
0161 701 1555/0161 217 3553
The Hathersage Centre Tel: 0161 701 1555
Forum Health Tel: 0161 435 3509
Withington Community Hospital Tel: 0161 217 3553
Cheetham Primary Care Centre Tel: 0161 202 8750
Harpurhey Health Centre Tel: 0161 861 2400
Newton Heath Sure Start Centre Tel: 0161 227 3517
FRESH clinics for under 25s - See below for details. Tel: 0161
Dr Asha Kasliwal, Clinical Director, Consultant
Dr Hilary Natusch, Consultant
Dr Noreen Khan, Consultant
Dr Nicky Waddell, Associate Specialist
Julie Gallagher, Nurse Manager
We are committed to providing friendly, confidential and
accessible services that include:
• All methods of contraception
• Emergency contraception
• Free condoms
• Pregnancy tests
• Abortion information
• Cervical smears
• RUCLEAR Chlamydia screening programme (www.ruclear.co.uk)
• Testing for sexually transmitted infections, including HIV
• Dedicated services for young people under 25 'FRESH'
• Reproductive health advice and referral.
In addition to our walk-in clinics we also provide specialist
services many of which are by appointment. These include:
• Psychosexual counselling
• Menopause care
• Treatment for uncomplicated sexually transmitted infections
• Outreach contraception services for clients with special
• Highly specialised contraception
• IUD and Implant clinics
• Cervical smears
RUCLEAR Chlamydia Screening Programme is available for the
under 25s at all clinics.
For details of the pharmacy emergency contraception scheme,
please contact NHS Direct on 0845 46 47.
Support for health professionals include:
• Professional telephone hotline for advice for health
0161 701 1555.
• Teaching and training for undergraduate, postgraduate, medical
& nursing; including clinical placements and local update
courses -for further details contact the Regional Training Office
on 0161 701 1539.
You can self refer and walk in to any of our clinics or we can
accept referrals from GPs and other health professionals.
For details of the appointment clinics, please contact The
Hathersage Centre on 0161 701 1555.
FRESH clinics are available at four different health centres.
Below are the clinics with their contact details and opening
details and Opening Times.
In addition to the walk in clinics, appointments are available
at a range of times for: smears, implants & IUDs (coils).
For details contact: 0161 901 1555.
The service has led in the development of innovative
partnerships aimed at improving the range and accessibility of
contraception and sexual health services e.g. supporting pharmacies
in the provision of emergency contraception.
A comprehensive range of Information leaflets regarding all
methods of contraception and sexually transmitted infections can be
accessed at www.fpa.org.uk/helpandadvice/contraception.
Information Leaflet - Testing for STIs