What Is Oral Medicine?
Oral medicine is concerned with the health
care of acute and chronic, medically related disorders of the oral
and maxillofacial region. The specialty is concerned with diagnosis
and medical management of these conditions.
Referrals are welcome for patients with:
- Red and white oral patches where cancer is
- Pigmented oral lesions
- Oral lumps
- Oral ulcers
- Infections in the oral cavity
- Oral manifestations of systemic
- A dry mouth
- Oro-facial pain of non-dental origin. In
patients with oro-facial pain, always try to exclude dental causes
prior to referral wherever possible
- Precancerous oral lesions.
If the referring practitioner suspects that a
lesion may be cancer please see section for Suspected Cancer
Whenever possible please use the referral form
available by clicking here