Impression course (NEBDN)
This course is aimed at Orthodontic dental nurses who wish to
extend their clinical skills in orthodontic impressions taking.
The course will be run over 2½ full days.
The course will include all the theoretical instruction and
practical guidance needed to fulfil the NEBDN syllabus. Module
Certificates will be provided by the NEBDN. (This is not a
post registration course)
Additional individual appointments may be necessary for support
in the production of the Record of Experience.
To be eligible for the course you must:
- Hold a recognised Dental Nursing Qualification & Post
Registration in Orthodontic Nursing
- Be registered with the General Dental Council
- Have support of your employer to support you in completion of
the record of experience
- Commit to 100% attendance on the given course dates
- Be able to meet the clinical requirements for the record of
It is the candidate's responsibility to ensure they have
access to the clinical requirements of the record of experience,
this will not be provided on the course
In order to achieve the certificate you will have to
successfully complete: -
- Exam paper (25 multiple choice questions)
- A Record of Experience (25 log sheets)
Record of Experience
This is designed to provide a record of activities completed to
facilitate specific learning experience.
To enable you to complete your record of experience you must:
∙ Complete Log sheets for 25
At least five must be adult patients
The Record of experience will need to be completed and submitted
to the exam board approximately 4 weeks
before the examination.
Lasts 30 minutes
Consists of 25 multiple choice questions