Equality and Diversity in Employment
The Trust is committed to treat everyone who works for the Trust
or applies to work for the Trust fairly and equally regardless of
background or status, for the contribution that they make to the
organisation. We expect our employees, patients, visitors,
suppliers and other stakeholders to respect this, and to treat
people with dignity and respect.
Whilst working within the Trust you can expect:
- To be valued and recognised for your contribution.
- To be treated with dignity and respect.
- A work place that actively supports people with
- Commitment to ensuring equality of opportunities.
- To feel safe and able to challenge discrimination/unacceptable
A programme of activity is underway to
reinforce this approach, and includes:
- Implementing the strategic aims and objectives of the Trust's
Equality, Diversity and Human Rights Strategic Framework
2010-2016 in relation to Equality & Diversity in
- Creating a working environment that actively challenges any
form of discrimination, bullying, harassment or intimidation, by
staff, patients, relatives and visitors, and supports staff if they
are affected by this behaviour.
- Ensuring that Trust policy in relation to recruitment,
selection, promotion remuneration and access to training and
development supports equality of opportunity.
- Giving staff appropriate information about of equality and
diversity issues through structured training programmes.
- Further developing the collection and monitoring of equality
and diversity data as required by required under the equality