Requesting a non-gynaecological cytology test via ICE at CMFT
Patients needing non gynaecological cytology exfoliative
cytology investigations at CMFT may have their tests requested via
ICE. It is mandatory to print and send a request form with
the sample. For fine needle aspiration samples, please
complete the request form.
To request CSF, serous fluids including peritoneal washing,
urine, cyst fluids, bile duct and bronchial samples, request
investigations via ICE as follows:
- Log onto ICE and select 'requesting'
- Enter patient details
- At request screen, select 'laboratory medicine' which is
located on the top bar, 3rd from left
- Select 'Cellular Pathology' which is located on the left bar,
7th from top
- Select 'non gynaecological cytology' located in the middle
- Select 1 label and enter sample type and site
- Accept and 'continue with request' located bottom left
- Complete all fields, especially 'global clinical details'
- Review, proceed with request and print request form
- Send to the Cytology department via porter. Do not send any
samples via the pod system.
(Last updated April 21st 2016)