Virology request forms
You are strongly requested to use these new forms in preference
to any other (including previous versions of Virology request
forms: please destroy all previous versions) in order to improve
the way in which your requests are dealt with.
Please note the following instructions for use; compliance with
these will also greatly improve the quality of the service we can
deliver to you and ensure the reports reach you in a timely
a) There are now six types of request form (click for example of
b) Because the forms will be scanned electronically, it is
- All information on the forms must be in block capitals and must
be kept within the boxed areas provided. Please do not write over
the lines of the boxed areas.
- The tests required are selected by marking the boxes with an
- If addressograph labels are used (which we recommend), they
should be placed within the "∟" marks that surround this section of
- All labels attached to the forms must be properly aligned in
the appropriate position on the request form.
- DO NOT use or cover any of the areas that state "For Laboratory
Use" - these areas are only for use by this laboratory
c) Details of our specimen acceptance policy can be found on the
reverse of the form, along with other useful information.
Finally, we would like to thank you in anticipation of your
cooperation in using these forms in the correct way, therefore,
greatly improving the quality and speed of the service we can