Labelling of sample containers
Please see the Repertoire of tests (A-Z) for the
selection of appropriate container for test.
The MMMP will make every effort to ensure requests are processed
in a safe and timely manner but it is essential that request forms
and samples are labelled appropriately and legibly in compliance
with the specimen acceptance
It is also important to clearly identify the investigations
required with relevant supporting information.
If you have any doubts regarding this policy please ring the
relevant department for further information.
Specimens will not be accepted for analysis if:
- There is no unique identification of the patient i.e. they do
not meet the minimum data set for identification
- There is an incorrect sample type or tube
- Incorrect transportation conditions
- Sample is received in a hazardous condition e.g. leaking or
- Sample or request form is unlabelled or incorrectly labeled
with less than the minimum data sets for patient
- Mismatch of details between the form and sample(s)
- The information provided is illegible