Procurement and E-Commerce Department
Based in Wilmslow Park on Hathersage
Road, the Procurement and E-Commerce Department encompasses the
traditional Supplies functions of Stock and Non-stock ordering
with those of Purchasing, Contracting and Creditor Payments. The
teams within the Procurement Department are as follows:
- Accounts Payable
- Catalogue Team
- Materials Management
- Purchasing Team
- Information Team
The Procurement and E-Commerce Department was formed in May
2009 and is now recognised as one of the leading NHS Procurement
Departments in the country. We are currently the only Procurement
Department across the NHS achieving the Level 2 Procurement
NHS procurement work?
We are different because
- Accounts Payable activities are fully integrated within the
E-Commerce Department enabling 30 day and 10 day SME payment
targets to be met.
- A full materials management is provided to 90 Wards and
- Dedicated Purchasing Leads are aligned to Trust Divisions.
- £5 million annual savings targets on non-pay spend of
- An actively implemented zero inflation policy which has been
adopted by the Department of Health.
- Guidance for Suppliers Policy with a structured entry system
What does this mean for suppliers and why work with the
- Harmonisation of services - economies of scale enabling joint
- Standardisation of equipment - economies of scale.
- Prompt payment.
- Electronic invoicing.
- Reference site - New Hospitals development with state of the
- Birth place of NHS (Trafford Hospitals Division).
- Prestigious site.
- Ability to work with procurement professionals.
- Being a supplier to CMFT is an accolade that often leads to
A welcome message from Simon
Thank you for visiting our website.
Procurement and E-Commerce in our Trust represents £350m spend
per annum. This involves supporting every budget holder in the
Trust - ensuring that they spend their non-pay budget effectively
and in line with both Trust/Legal requirements.
Our Department is unique in the NHS as the complete range of
Procurement and E-Commerce services are provided by one unified
Team. This ensures that supplier selection; ordering; invoicing and
payment are all within the same Department ensuring co-ordination
and better control.
I hope the information on this site is of use - we aim as always
to provide easy to use self-service systems/information whilst
making sure at all times a member of our Team is available to
provide personal support.
Simon Walsh MCIPS