We are currently recruiting for volunteers to drive our hospital
patient car park eco-bus. For this particular role, you
can apply now by emailing us or telephoning to register your
Applicants must be over 21.
Telephone: 0161 276 5190
The volunteer service has a caring
approach. Using the goodwill and dedication of all our volunteers
we aim to enhance patient services and help all hospital users. Our
aim is to reflect the population that the Trust serves and we try
to recruit from all sections of the local community.
Why volunteer at the hospital?
Volunteering is a way of becoming involved in
your local community and the hospital. Volunteers are located
across the Trust, participating in a variety of ways all
contributing to improving the patient experience. They are an
integral part of the hospital team and are highly valued by staff,
patients and visitors.
Who can volunteer?
Basically anyone as long as they are over 16
years old (18 years old to volunteer within Children's
What do volunteers do?
- Hospital Welcomers -Offering a helping
hand to hospital users, meeting, greeting and offering directions
to patients and visitors
- Pharmacy - Become involved in a vital and
interesting area of the hospital
- Ward Volunteer - Offering a helping hand
or a friendly face can enhance a patient's stay in hospital
- Ward-Befriending - volunteers offer a very
special service for many patients, who would not usually have a
visitor of their own. Cheering them up, chatting and offering a
much needed diversion to the treatment they are receiving in
- Clinics - Supporting patients, their
relatives or companions in many different ways in the clinics of
- There's a whole host of other areas in which you can
Application requests for the latest recruitment closed at
midnight on 17th June 2016. We will be open for applications
later in the year.
Please keep an eye on this page for dates.
- Make new friends and have fun
- Exploring career prospects - gaining
valuable experience of working in a hospital
- Develop new and useful skills
- Becoming an active citizen within your
- Support future job applications, UCAS
forms, Duke of Edinburgh Awards, and records of achievements
- The reward of doing something
Saying thank you
Our volunteers are thanked in many ways:
- Awards and Certificates
- Coffee Mornings
- Support from Volunteer Service
Volunteers can also claim out of pocket travel
Telephone: 0161 276