Are you interested in supporting emergency care for traumatically injured children?
Royal Manchester Children's Hospital is looking for public
volunteers to support their work in research, teaching and learning
in the paediatric emergency care setting.
Led by Professor Ralph Mackinnon, Consultant Paediatric
Anaesthetist & Paediatric Intensive Care Retrieval Physician,
the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital in collaboration with The
University of Manchester is undertaking educational research to
directly positively impact on the immediate care provision for
traumatically injured children admitted to our hospital and their
The team use high-tech electronic child-like manikins to
simulate an emergency situation arriving at our hospital, which
triggers an emergency response from our clinical teams. By
evaluating the response, we are able to apply our learning to:
- directly improve clinical care;
- further our research in this area; and
- improve teaching for doctors, nurses, etc.
How can I get involved?
You can get involved by:
- participating in our simulations (e.g. adopting the role of a
- advising on the design of our simulations; or
- observing our simulations to help us to evaluate and improve
- Learn more and get involved
Click here to view a flyer about our
Please contact: email@example.com
or follow us at: Twitter @inspiretraumakids