Heroes Parade Manchester - Monday 17th October 2016
Setting off from outside
the Museum of Science and Industry, the parade will enter the
Liverpool Road junction of Deansgate at 4.30pm before completing a
route through the city centre, ending in Albert Square.
The family-friendly event has been timed to allow as many people
as possible to enjoy the celebration.
The parade is expected to last around one hour taking in the
length of Deansgate, Huntsbank, Todd Street, Corporation Street,
Exchange Square, Cross Street and finally Albert Square.
The parade and finale from Albert Square will also be broadcast
on big screens within the city centre so that people can see as
much of the athletes as possible.
On 17 October, Manchester will host a
national parade for Team GB and Paralympic GB. During the
parade the following road closures will be in effect.
- Liverpool Road (from Water Street to Lower Byrom Street).
- Albert Square
- Mount Street (from Peter Street to Lloyd Street)
- Princess Street
- Bootle Street (from Southmill to Mount Street)
- Central Street.
- Liverpool Road (from Water Street to Deansgate)
- Lower Byrom Street (from residents car park to Liverpool
From 12 noon-6pm
- Deansgate - south (from Whitworth Street West to Quay
- Peter Street - Westbound only (from Oxford Portland Street to
- Great Bridgewater Street (from Watson Street to Deansgate)
From 12 noon - 7pm
- Victoria Station (including Hunt's Bank, Victoria Approach,
Todd Street) -
access to the Station Car Park will be available via Corporation
- Great Ducie Street (from Victoria Street to Trinity Way)
From 12 noon-9pm Deansgate
- Deansgate (from Quay Street/Peter Street to Victoria Bridge
- Victoria Bridge Street
- Chapel Street
- Victoria Street
- Cross Street
- King Street
- John Dalton Street
- Withy Grove (from Dantzic Street to Corporation Street)
- Corporation Street (from Todd Street to Withy Grove)
Access to and from the following roads will be limited
between 12 noon and 9pm
- Lloyd Street
- Bootle Street
- Jackson's Row
- Queen Street
- South King Street
- St Ann Street
- St Mary's Gate
- Cateaton Street
- Cathedral Street
- Long Millgate
- Fennel Street
information on how this will effect roads and parking can be
found on the Transport for Greater Manchester website.