NHS Employers highlights our work to recruit local young people
NHS Employers has today published a profile of our
successful nursing assistant pre-employment scheme, as part of its
ThinkFuture progamme and an example of best practice.
Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Trust is committed
to supporting the regeneration of the local community, including
providing opportunities for young people. This case study outlines
the steps we have taken to create a comprehensive and
well-structured process for potential new nursing assistants,
- Working in partnership with Skills for Health, The Manchester
College, and Jobcentre Plus
- Tailoring the recruitment and selection process for young
- Providing classroom-based training and hospital-based
- Adapting their reference and Disclosure Barring Service
- Guaranteeing an interview for everyone who completes the
The nursing assistant programme is one of our most successful
schemes and has resulted in significant staff retention rates.
case study here.