Stay Safe Over the Bonfire Weekend
You do not want to come to A&E as a result of an avoidable
injury over the Bonfire Weekend/Night.
Please stay safe - here is some general advice:
- Always have water to hand, follow the firework code and let
your neighbours know if you are having a bonfire.
- Fires should be positioned well away from buildings, sheds and
bushes and there should always be water available nearby.
- You should only buy fireworks from a responsible retailer, that
carry British or European safety marks.
- You should always follow the firework code - store fireworks in
a tin, never return to a lit firework and avoid drinking alcohol if
you are in charge of a display.
- If you are using sparklers, wear gloves and make sure there is
a bucket of water nearby to help you dispose of them safely.
- You should never throw fireworks or point them at other
Read more at:
Advice about your pets: