Water Main Repairs and Diversion Along Upper Brook Street
From 2nd January for approximately 8 weeks there will
be major road works along Upper Brook Street between Hathersage
Road and Grafton Street.
This is part of a major water diversion scheme by United
Key aspects of the work include:
- Work will start at Hathersage Road junction working up in
phases along Upper Brook Street towards Grafton Street.
- Work will affect the North bound City Centre directional
carriageway which will be closed during part of the works.
- There will be a one way system along Upper Brook Street with
traffic flowing towards Hathersage Road from Grafton Street.
- There will be no car parking on Upper Brook Street during the
- United Utilities intend to maintain and have back-up water
systems serving the area during the works.
- Bus and transport information is available on the Transport for
Greater Manchester website www.tfgm.com
Traffic management arrangements have been agreed with highways
and will be in place.
United Utilities are undertaking the works and have liaised with
the Highways Authority and are contactable on 0845 746 2200 (ref
NCA80040218) with any further queries.
Delays expected so please allow extra time/planning if you have
an appointment during January/February and if you are visiting our
hospitals on the Oxford Road site.
Listen to your local traffic news for up-dates.