Saint Mary's Hospital for Women and Children
On 13th July 2009, the brand new Saint Mary's Hospital
Last year, we delivered over 5,100
babies and treated over 800 neonatal babies. In order to
maintain the high level of care for all our patients, we needed to
move into a new, much bigger and specially equipped building. With
the new facilities, we will be able to deliver over 6,600 babies
Facilities now include:
• A purpose-built Unit which will be led by Midwives.
• Ten en-suite delivery rooms including two specifically
designed rooms for women with high risk pregnancies.
• More cots in our Newborn Intensive Care facility.
• New high tech equipment in gynaecology theatres.
• Out-patient clinics which are situated on the ground floor to
allow easy access.
• A large increase in number of en-suite and single room facilities
in all In-patient areas.
• A comprehensive service for children, young people and adults at
the Saint Mary's Sexual Assault Referral Centre.
• One of the biggest Genetics departments in the UK with state of
the art labs and clinics.
• A dedicated Saint Mary's Ultrasound department fitted with the
latest scanning technology.
All services now benefit from an improvement in facilities,
equipment and space.
The family-friendly facilities will emphasise
"home from home" quality and there has been recognition of
emotional needs by separating gynaecology and obstetric patients