Occupational therapists help people of all ages to overcome the
effects of disability caused by physical or psychological illness
or accidents by:
- Helping patients manage their everyday activities such as
personal care, domestic activities, walking, leisure and overall
- Planning for hospital discharge and providing support for
- Providing equipment to improve function.
- Advising/educating on energy conservation techniques, anxiety
management and relaxation.
- Providing practical support in psychological adjustment caused
by illness or accident.
- Advising/educating on falls prevention.
- Assessing cognition and perception in relation to functional
- Supporting and providing advice to carers.
Outpatient and Community services include:
- Community vascular/amputee outreach community team.
- Orthopaedic (trauma and elective) out patient service.
- Community orthopaedic outreach team.
- Rheumatology/haematology out patient service.
- Falls service (out patient and community).
- Pulmonary rehabilitation (hospital programme).
- Stroke and neurology (out patient and community).
- Surgical intensive care follow-up service.
- Cardiac rehabilitation programme.
- Pre-operative cardiac surgery out patient service.
- Community discharge and rehabilitation team.
Therapy Services Unit 1
Manchester Royal Infirmary
Click here for
directions to the Hospital
Reception: 0161 276 4102
Click here for directions to the Hospital