Get Involved in Research
There are opportunities for the public to get involved in
1. You can participate in research studies
If you are
interested in participating in research studies there are a number
of ways in which you can get involved:
- If you are under the care of a consultant or GP for a
particular health condition, speak to them initially about clinical
trials that may be suitable for you.
- Visit our dedicated hospital research pages, listed on the
righthand side of this page, to find out more information about
each hospital's research.
- The UK Clinical Trials Gateway
website is full of information for those interested in taking part
in clinical trials public to get involved.
- The UK Clinical Research Network Study Portfolio
lists a large number of studies that are open to recruitment, along
with study contact details.
Greater Manchester, Lancashire and S.Cumbria Medicine for Children
Research Network website has a list of current trials
recruiting on their portfolio.
- ICON Development Solutions have a clinical trials facility
located on the CMFT campus. More information about how to
participate in clinical trials can be found on the ICON website.
- Email Research.GetInvolved@cmft.nhs.uk
if you would like to find out more about research at CMFT.
2. You can get involved in research by working with
researchers to help plan and run studies
There are opportunities to join patient advisory groups for
research studies or work with researchers as patient
representatives. Your active involvement will help the researchers
consider the patient's perspective and they will value your input
People in Research has a national database of
opportunities to allow you to find out how you could get involved
in this way.
3. You can contribute to other activities at
Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation
There are many ways to get involved with other areas of our
- Sign up with the Patient and Public Involvement Team to take
part in a large variety of projects, including sitting on patient
- Sign up to become a volunteer with the Trust's Volunteer Service,
who play a key role in making sure that all patients and visitors
to the hospitals have as positive an experience as possible.
- Sign up to become a member of the Foundation Trust and
contribute to future plans for these hospitals.
Useful Web Links: