Join the Youth Forum
The Youth Forum was set up in October 2008 to help us involve young people in developing health services. The group supports the Trust's two youth governors, and creates a link between senior managers and young service users. The forum is run entirely by its youth members, with staff attending for support.
It is open to members between 12 - 18 years old who feel strongly about improving services for children and young people. You can join the youth forum if you are a patient, a member of a patient group, or a volunteer.
- Providing a voice for young people's thoughts on health issues.
- Being an important influence on Trust policy and procedure, and Trust design and delivery.
- Creating and maintaining good links with decision makers in the local health service.
- Acting on issues that are important to young people accessing our services and in the local community.
- To be listened to, heard and responded to.
Meetings of the Youth Forum Meetings happen every other month in the new Royal Manchester Children's Hospital, from 6.00 to 8.00 pm. A senior manager from RMCH attends every meeting to ensure that the members' voices are being heard and acted upon.
How to join
If you would like to join the Youth Forum please
contact the PPI Team: